Hi visitors! One of the most important events of the year is less than a month away as we try to get 250 Walkers to raise $50,000 for the Monadnock Humane Society. We need volunteers, sponsors, walkers, help with our marketing and much more. Please take a moment to read this information that I've copied from the MHS Event Website and please take some time to get signed up. THANKS! -CJ
"Every year, animal lovers fetch their sneakers, leash up their pooches and take a walk together on this special day. Walkers raise money by finding friends, family, colleagues, businesses, coworkers—any animal lovers—to sponsor them. Get a team together, or come as an individual participant. Teams are fun, but every individual can make a difference.
This year, on the 26th anniversary, the Walk for Animals will take place at the Keene Dillant-Hopkins Airport in Swanzey. There will be two courses. Choose from either a one-mile or a three-mile course on a paved road that winds through beautiful fields and wooded areas and is accessible to everyone. The road will be closed to traffic for the day. The Walk for Animals will begin with the traditional opening parade led by Bright, Jesse and James—the Swanzey Oxen of Open Space Protection. Children are encouraged and welcome to participate.
The Walk itself will conclude by noon with a picnic lunch, DJ Chris Holman a.k.a. CJ the DJ will be playing popular songs, and an awards ceremony with prizes for the top fundraisers in adult, youth, and team categories.
Raffle drawings will also be held.
Start Fundraising Now!
- Get your team inspired! Encourage everyone on your team to be active participants. Be creative with team tee shirts, hats, buttons, etc. Have a pre-event party to get everyone psyched up and strategize on how to raise the most money! Invite an MHS representative to talk with your team and answer any questions.
Sign up for online fundraising on Firstgiving.comInvite people to sponsor you with these fundraising tools!
- Online fundraising via E-mail/Facebook/Text. Start an online fundraising page on FirstGiving. Post photos of you and your pets, tell your story about your love of animals! Once you’ve created a page send the link to everyone. Asking for support is easy when you post on your facebook page, send emails or texts, and blog about the Walk and your passion for helping!
- Postal. Download the official Walk for Animals pledge form, and mail it to family, friends, coworkers. Add your own personal note about why it’s so important to you.Note: If you’ve been fundraising, but you can’t be present at the Walk due to a last minute scheduling conflict, you are still eligible to win a prize. Your donations must be turned in by noon on the day before the Walk. We’ll miss you, but even though you can’t be there, you’re still helping the animalsPLEASE NOTE: All sponsorship donations will need to be at MHS by noon on the day of the event to be counted for awards.Schedule:
9:00–9:45…………Check-in/Registration Opens (Be sure to bring all of your donations and your form)
10:00 – 10:15……..Line up/Welcome remarks
12:30………………….Picnic lunch and
Awards Ceremony under the tent
We always need help with an event of this size. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Margaret Atkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.352.9011, ext 147), to find out what you can do to help before, during and after the event.
Here are a few of the important tasks that need to be done:
- Hang posters at local businesses and organizations
- Distribute more brochures and flyers
- Help out during the event with set up, registration, dismantle/cleanup, etc.
– It’s not too late to sponsor The Walk!
If you have a business and you want to help with this event, please contact us today for sponsorship opportunities. We need your help!
Call Carol Laughner at 603.352.9011, ext. 115 or email at email@example.com for more information.ANY QUESTIONS?
To talk with a human, contact Carol Laughner 603.352.9011, ext. 115 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds from the Walk for Animals go directly to the care of our homeless animals.
MHS is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit humane organization with a mission to foster a compassionate community by promoting and providing for the wellbeing of animals. MHS receives no state or federal funding, and relies solely on the generosity of our community."